Monday, April 23, 2012

Forging the River.

As per usual, I've all but failed on my challenges for myself.  But as I sat here going through my list and thinking about the failure, I decided that I would take my own advice - keep on keeping on.

Why am I even doing these things?  To "accomplish" a list?  To be "productive"?  If that's the case, then yes, I might as well quit because I am terrible at these kinds of things.  However, if I created this list as a challenge to myself to try new things and to experience things (both inside and outside of my comfort zone) then there's no reason to quit.  Maybe I "check off" all 50 (impossible) or maybe I only check off 25 (more likely), but in the end, I was doing it for myself anyway.

The one thing I've really held onto is running, which is essentially a vanity issue, but regardless, it's been fun.  My wife and I have reinstated the "chore list" to guide us on our weekly duties since neither one of us are wired with the discipline of "sucking it up and doing it" and one of my responsibilities is deciding the menus... this, particularly will be helpful in experiencing the different diets I want to try.

And as the sun sticks around for more hours in the day, I'm already planning some backpacking trips for the spring/summer/fall.

Looking forward to the experiences of the future.

1 comment:

  1. Good attitude David! Keep on keeping on. Or, keep on running on. ;)
    Are you reading any books? Randomly last week I read "Tom Sawyer." Good old American classic. Now I'm reading "The Help."

    ReplyDelete